Elementary Faith Formation (gr. K-5)
“…Imagine the power of families taking up the great commission to reflect the love and mercy of God, gently and confidently sharing their hope and their joy in Jesus!” - Tom Quiniann
Holy Family Elementary CFF programming this year will take place in the loving embrace of the Domestic Church.
In building a strong foundation for life-long faith; Elementary programming will shift towards a relationship-based/accompaniment model of Family based Formation that:
- Provides “back to basics” bite-sized formation that engages the entire family
- Encourages the development of evangelization skills, through love and service to others, and through modeling living the faith in everyday life. (Service Project Assistant Coordinators *needed) (If you signed up in a support volunteer position, helping with the service projects may be a good substitute fit for you.)
- Supports and encourages parents and families in their formation through partnerships with Catechist Mentors. (Certified Catechists *needed. Certification help is provided.)
- Empowers families to continue to create space and time for formation that fits their schedule
- Continues to form and support families in the development of their faith and in relationship with each other and the larger church family. (Family Support/Prayer Partner *needed)
*In providing a program that nourishes and supports the Domestic Church, we still need a network of reliable, loving adults to help facilitate this growing ministry. Please see page 6 additional info on these volunteer opportunities.
2nd grade will continue to use Dynamic Catholic “Blessed” series.
All other elementary grades will move to Growing Up Catholic “Faith Stories”: This program can best be described as a Catholic family bible study (please note this is not a digital program, there will be physical books/materials). With these material families will be invited to:
* Read a short passage or bible story from the text together
* Have family discussion (questions provided)
* a simple activity (there are different activities for younger/older kids)
* prayer experience
This year the materials focus on the Old Testament and how God calls all of us to Mission. Lessons typically take around 30-45 mins. and can be broken down into smaller time frames as needed.
2020 Holy Family Elementary CFF details
How it will work:
- Students will have a physical book for lessons.
- Families are invited to engage in lessons in their home, tailoring it to their specific needs.
- Families will be learning face to face with each other and could easily include extended family if they choose.
- Families will be invited to participate in service projects, prayer experiences, (and hopefully larger group gatherings as restrictions lessen).
- Digital content will be offered for lesson extensions, families are responsible for monitoring any digital use by their children.
- Coordinator will provide guidance on lessons and support through an emailed monthly newsletter style format.
- Catechist Mentors will regularly check in with families to answer family questions, encourage parents, and assist coordinator as needed.
For the Faith Formation Registration forms for the 2020-21 year: click here.
If you have questions, contact Lesley Jeruzal Elementary CFF Coordinator or call the CFF office at 891-8867.